SAV - just experts.
We bring together what a proper workpiece handling process requires: Speed and quality. Efficiency and precision. Individualisation and automation. Where others see a contradiction, we already start developing solutions. Real challenges are our speciality.
The most diverse requirements are realised in a process-optimised manner thanks to the experience of our clamping technology and automation experts. This is because we combine all possible clamping and handling disciplines intelligently, with foresight and individually. That’s what the experts do.
Facts & figures
At present, we employ more than 200 people and generate more than € 30 million in sales. Almost half of this is generated by the fields of magnetic clamping and stationary clamping technology.
And almost every task is a special solution. It goes without saying that only the best specialists work and train at SAV.
Clamping solutions under one roof
SAV is a world-leading and recognised developer, producer and supplier of clamping, automation and load lifting systems. High quality, precision and cost-efficiency are our priorities.
With 30 years of experience in the production of system solutions, we are THE EXPERTS when it comes to clamping problems and the optimisation of industrial production processes. Magnet systems, stationary clamping technology, rotating clamping technology and automation solutions are among our core competencies.
We offer standard and customised solutions in each of these areas. This wide range covers the entire spectrum of clamping technology. This ensures usage in a wide range of applications from machine tables to fully automatic production.
Our customer base consists of the companies from automotive, mechanical engineering, medical technology, air and space travel, steel construction and tool and mould making sectors. However, distributors and industrial end users from various sectors have found a competent partner in us. Our customers benefit from the following advantages:
- Complexity reduction - a contact person for all handling tasks
- More efficiency - a solution provider for all clamping techniques and process requirements
- Lower costs - thanks to intelligently combined clamping aids and individual process solutions
- More safety - a responsible provider for the entire workpiece handling process and its 100% quality
For the implementation of the products designed on the CAD workstations, modern, high-performance machines are available at our production sites in Germany.
We use standard products in our in-house production. This allows our experienced developers to continually improve the product specificity of these products and to develop them in a practical way to the benefit of our customers.
The decisive precision and quality are continuously controlled by our quality management.
We produce exclusively in Germany in our production plants at Nuremberg and Mittweida.
- 50 CNC machining centres up to 5000 mm processing length and 3000 mm width
- 2 portal milling machines, portal transition 3000 mm, table length 4000 mm
- 3 HSC 5-axis milling machines
- 50 profile/flat/coordinate/external and internal cylindrical grinding machines up to 4000 mm processing length
- 9 wire erosion machines
- 3 sink erosion machines
- 4 CNC lathes
- 3 coordinate measuring machines, measuring range: x = 600 mm, y = 1000 mm, z = 465 mm
- 1 coordinate measuring machine Zeiss Accura II, measuring range: x = 1200 mm, y = 1800 mm, z = 1000 mm
- 1984: Company founder Robert Feustel laid the foundation stone for SAV with a lathe in his private garage.
- 1985: Foundation of SAV Spann-Automations-Normteiletechnik GmbH.
- 2004: Intensive expansion of existing export network. Founding of several subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and America.
- 2015: The Innsbruck-based Industrieholding Tyrol Equity acquires a majority stake in SAV. Dr. Stefan Hamm became the new Managing Director.
- 2016: Merger of individual SAV companies to a single company called SAV GmbH. This was associated with a relaunch of SAV with a new appearance.